Vintage Pecan

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

What's Cookin'

I've been busy in the kitchen over the last couple of weeks! I meal planned, grocery shopped and cooked! (Go ME!) I found several recipes on Pinterest that actually turned out to be delicious, so I thought I'd share since they were successes. 

I made a quiche, but didn't use a Pinterest recipe. I got the recipe from a friend and of course as I was making it didn't think to take a picture. *blogger fail* It was a ham, broccoli, and cheese quiche, I used a Pillsbury pie crust to make life easy! Will actually really liked it and I will be fixing it again various times throughout the summer. It's a great meal that quick, easy and light on your stomach for all those hot summer days! I served it with pear salad (for me) and strawberries+mandarine oranges for him. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
5 Eggs
1/2 Cup of Milk
Approx. 1 head of broccoli
1/2 Cup of Diced Ham (store bought for convenience) 
Cheese (definitely didn't measure, can you every have too much?)

Directions
Bake the Pie crust according to package directions
Cut broccoli into small florets and steam in microwave for approx. 30sec
Mix the Eggs, Milk, broccoli, ham together in a large bowl
Pour mixture into semi-baked crust
Cover crust edge unless you like it well done
Bake for approx. 30min on 400. 

Not mine, but close enough!
Another yummy dinner we had was this popular Pinterest Crock-Pot Fajita Recipe! I was a bit worried that it wouldn't turn out, but it was SO good! It made a TON of food! We invited my parents and grandmother over to eat with us. I fed 5 people, packed leftovers for lunch the next day and froze enough to have at a later date! Yippee! This is worth adding to your dinner options! Trust me!


I've made a few other pretty decent meals, but they weren't worth sharing! We've also had pizza the past two Monday nights, because well, Monday's are hard! :( We were out of town Saturday attending a wedding in Conway and then we spent the night with Will's parents in Florence. Sunday we spent time with them and his grandmother before returning to Lexington about 9:20 PM. Needless to say no prepping for the week happened, so pizza was it for Monday! I do have another new chicken dish I'm trying tonight! If it's good I'll be sure to share! 

House Update: Possibly by next week I'll be able to share a few pictures of what we've done at the house. I should have a final picture of our Master bedroom and the laundry room! We shall see! Check back for 5 on Friday link up! Happy Hump Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment