Vintage Pecan

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Life Update!

Now that the wedding is over and I've started to accept reality, although not really, I guess I should take a minute to update on our life in general.

It's been since January since I've had any updates, because once the new year hit wedding and house stuff took over. My last update, before yesterday's wedding post, was on the kitchen makeover and I can't wait to reveal our completed master bedroom! It is nearly complete, just lacking a few finishing decorative touches. Like hanging my big monogram that we got at my monogram shower, and hanging a few bird cages that we used at the reception.

We still have quite a few "to-do" items on our list for the house including painting the master bath, fixing/painting/updating the 1/2 bath, painting/wallpapering/adding wainscoting to the dining room so we can add furniture, and finally painting the guest bedroom upstairs. Not to mention all the unpacking of boxes that needs to be done. Our garage is basically my old house in numerous boxes piled on each other. Will wonders when he'll get to park in the garage again.... summer may be too soon of an estimate. Oooops.....

On the job front... nothing. I've searched for jobs every week from August until present and I've only been on two interviews. The last one I went on I really wanted, but unfortunately politics are how the world turns and I didn't get it. I've applied for various other things and I'm still searching. Hopefully something will come open in the next few months, otherwise I guess I'll substitute teach again next school year. I love that, but I'd really like something more consistent and permanent. Luckily since the end of February I've been in a long-term sub job and I love it! It's with high schoolers and they have been so sweet. It's likely I'll be there through the end of the school year, or close to, but I'm going to miss them when I leave. It was fantastic that it worked out for me to have the same job everyday leading up to the wedding. Everything else in life was crazy nuts, but at least I knew what to expect during the workday!

On a different note: anybody else who has planned a wedding find it hard to move on? I'm not sad about it exactly, but I feel like I should be doing something towards it because it was that way for so long. I've tried looking at Pinterest for house ideas, but my feed is bombarded with wedding stuff. Is there a way to turn that off?? I'm also trying to pick back up this blogging thing... I'd like to be able to make some $$ doing that, but that's definitely day dreaming!

Sorry there are no pictures with this update, sometimes life is just like that. All serious and no fun. I have so much to do with unpacking and setting up our home, yet I'm so unmotivated! Tomorrow, I'm joining up with April from A. Liz Adventures for 5 on Friday link up. It's full of pictures from the wedding so be sure to check it out! Have a great day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment