Will and I were discussing my job search/going back to work, etc. and for now, we are OK for me to stay home, get some odd jobs etc. to make ends meet. It won't be easy and sacrifices will have to be made, but honestly, I have to admit that I'm the happiest I've been since I graduated high school, twelve summers ago! I am so grateful that Will recognizes that and is willing to let me continue to take this break to really figure out what I'm suppose to do with my life. The summer is really going to be the toughest part and then I can go back to substituting in August. That's the plan for right now, unless an opportunity presents itself.
That being said, this will be the first summer I've had to "play" since the summer after my junior year in high school. YIKES! I spent every summer during college either taking classes, working, or participating in an internship. This summer I have SO much I want to do, and obviously very little money to do stuff with. Here is a list of all the things I WANT to do this summer!
My "Want" To Do List: Summer 2016
- Completely unpack all boxes and organize all my stuff in our new house.
- Complete the makeover of our 1/2 bath.
- Paint the guest bedroom.
- Hang curtains.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Work with our contractor to start and complete our new entry way from the garage to be a dropzone.
- Keep my house clean. AKA Vacuum/clean shower/toilets once a week.
- Cook new meals and eat at home at least 5 nights a week.
- Pack Will a lunch everyday so he doesn't spend money.
- Attempt to sell items we don't need or replaced. Including wedding decor.
- Go to the pool several days a week and indulge in a good book. (Suggestions welcome!)
- Start working on redecorating our dining room.
- Turn 30 doing something fun!
Cheers to my first summer in 13 years!! #it'sabouttime