Vintage Pecan

Friday, August 14, 2015

5 on Friday!

Good Morning Lovelies! We are headed to Asheville this weekend for the wedding of one of Will's friends and groomsman! Then on the way back Sunday we'll be stopping in Greenville to celebrate my grandmother's 86th birthday with my aunt, uncle and cousins! I have a feeling come Monday morning, I'm going to wish I had a weekend to get over my weekend!

It's been a while since I updated with a post about what's been going on lately, so I'm linking up with April over at A.Liz Adventures to share 5 things to catch you up for 5 on Friday!

1. Air BnB! Have any of you tried it? The thought of it, at first, freaked me out! I mean my entire life mom told me not to speak to strangers, and here I am about to spend the night in a strangers house! For this wedding weekend, we needed a cheap place to stay for 2 nights. Hotels in Asheville are expensive because it's a tourist destination. So, we started pursuing VRBO and Air BnB! We settled on a quaint little basement apartment about 20min from the wedding venue for $70 a night! Can't beat that! I'll let you know my thoughts and about our experience next week! If it's good we are looking at booking an apartment for our NYC trip next summer!
 
2. Last Sunday we went to the Belk "Engagement Party" bridal show. We are already registered at Belk, but if we added to our registry we were entered to win various prizes. I wanted the whole table of prizes, but particularly the pair of Waterford Crystal champagne flutes. Well, I WON THEM!! I'm so excited to use these at our reception! They are beautiful & the pattern is called Happy Celebrations, which I know we will use them for in years to come!

3. A few weeks ago I hosted a couple of high school girls while they were in town participating in the Distinguished Young Women Scholarship Program or DYW. I volunteer with this organization and truly have a passion for making a positive impact on their lives. The two girls that stayed with me were a delight! So smart and talented! As a hostess gift them (and their mothers) gifted me the Wilton Pewter Bread Tray from our registry! This is so special to me as we are going to use it during our ceremony for the bread during the Lord's Supper. It now has a duel meaning since it has the palmetto tree and moon on it and these girls were at the State program. Sweetest gift ever, I definitely teared up at the thoughtfulness!

4. We have decided on the attire of our wedding party! We actually decided this a few months back, but I didn't share because there were a few details missing... like the tie for the guys! The dresses are Alfred Sung Dupioni Silk Fit & Flare in Pearl Pink, and the suits are Jos A. Bank in Shark Skin. Will and my dad are going to wear a vest, the other guys will just wear a coat and tie. The tie for the guys we found at Hamricks for a ridiculously cheap price. However, our local store only had 3 and we need 11 total. They are working hard to contact all 18 of their stores to try to find me the 8 more! Keep your fingers crossed because it was hard to find this one, and I don't want to search any more!


















5. For my birthday, like a month ago, I received several items off our registry. A couple of place settings of our china and a few gift cards to Bed, Bath & Beyond. With those I decided to go ahead and purchase our comforter that we registered for. It was on clearance and I was sure that it would be gone by the time people started purchasing gifts for our November shower! I knew I wanted it because it matches both brown and grey and I'm not sure what I will pair it with in the future. Currently our bedroom is blue with brown accents, but in the future I'm dying for a grey bedroom with neutral accent tones. I didn't want this comforter to disappear! Now I'm having to hide it from myself so I won't be tempted to put it on the bed! :)




 I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Be on the lookout next week for Vendor Reveal #2! So much planning is starting to come together and I'm excited to share it with you! Don't forget to link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment